Thursday, August 24, 2006

old and new pics of 1989 and a reunion party


Junior KG...Sing this... HV is flanked by Indu and another beauty...Mangala Company....







HV and Priya (the singing du0--known for their show in Sa re ga ma and antakshari) in Dubai with their kids abhishek(6) and aarti(4).












Indu Iyer settled in Massachusetts, USA with her son, Dhruv







Erstwhile a Michael Jackson look-alike, Anil Nair of B-1989 is an analyst with Nissan Motors in Melbourne,Australia. He's married to Reena (St Mary’s product).Seen here with daughter Sanjana and Jyothika was on her way, perhaps. He's seen seated at the plump teacher's feet in Junior KG group pic.







Nayan Mepani, his Kelkar college sweetheart Purnima and their daughter Navea






Srividya, settled in Vashi, with her hubby and daughters Krithika and Sanjana











Gowriprabha Vaidyanathan, 88-89 batch.In 'A' division till 9th Std and then in 'C' for the last year. Works as a Principal Consultant in a global IT consulting organization, currently working out of Massachusetts.






This quiet cat has become quite a sher. Subramaniam Lives Down Under a little away from Melbourne, as an IT administrator. Wife Sunita is an Insurance babe!













Prefers to be called Soooooz, Sujata is from 92 batch. She is in California but thankfully for us, is coming to Mumbai for good.





Ladies and Gents, Sujit Pingulkar (1989), the dude. This globetrotter's lived in Venezuela,Peru,Singapore & Taiwan before settling in the US, 7 yrs ago.Seen here with daughter Sanika











This is Kiran, Sujil's sweetheart from Thane College. She is a medical technlogist and both live in Knoxville.









Amin Bulsari(1989)settled in Dubai works for a UK computer company. And he has just learnt that his wedding guest list has grown by two dozens. Watch this space for his wedding pics!


Mahesh Srinivasan with wife Krithika, lives in Mulund East and works with Capgemini Consulting in Vikhroli. He passed out of B.Com from Kelkar with HV, Nayan, etc. In the KG pic, he's seen sitting next to Anil Nair.

Vinayak, C- div, software guy based in UK with wife Deepa. He is seen in the school pic giggling behind and kept me at wit's end at the photo session as he kept threatening to fall!

Shilpa Mhatre with her girl Sara, who is a regular at Vani dos.


Shilpa with her hubby Prashant



I have decided to post a very naturally written account of our November 12, 2006 reunion of 1988-89 batch in Nirmal Lifestyle in Mulund. The place is so different; it looks like a high street in England.



Dear Friends,

I am all in a bliss.....can't really come out of it.....what a feeling that was.......we had a reunion.....a great one......one to cherish......and one which gave a feeling of going back to school days......one which left a feeling of being in that vani vidyalaya uniform.....and each one of us who met today....there was so much warmth in that......and each one's eyes read...."where are those days?"...."kya din the"..........."we have grown so much.......but there still that child.....and so many warm as well as notorious memories...which have a capability to light you up...the moment you think about it.....WHAT A REUNION IT WAS!!!

Am attaching some pictures clicked today.....when some of us met up.....Pradnya and Myself turned up at 4pm.....the scheduled time.....Subu(He-man)...followed....and then came Nayan......(keep in mind..he had a flight to Europe tonight)......then came Visalakshi...out of hiding...(as pleasant and quiet as she always was.....).....Shilpa and Suchita came together......saying..a big..."Hiiiiiiiiiiiii"....followed by Archana.....who came across all the way from Nerul.....and thus we met......after YEARS.....to share some good golden moments and to light up those cherished memories....To end it all....Amrish Shah came with his wife....

The cafe coffee day shop was full of people...but we had BINDAS blocked couple of tables with 8 chairs...there was a loud music going on.....people all around were chatting....and yet....lot of them had occasions to stare at our tables...due to the HIGH VOLUME of talk as well as LAUGHTER......Nayan and Myself especially.....

Archana was at her Humorous best.....(added with Expressions)....while Pradnya came up with her quota of incidents shared alongwith Shilpa and Archana....

Subu gave in some of his old ones.....fights with Kiran Nambiar....(fainting)...while Visalakshi was a quite listener..as always...

Well.....you had to be there to experience it.....but friends....i think this is the best thing happening to us.....please make the most of it.....I will take todays memories and go back to the UAE on friday....in anticipation of a REUNION in March..(when I plan to come back with my wife Priya and kids)....but for those who are around.....in India...please keep meeting up and keep the torch of CHILDHOOD lighted!!!

I will now look forward to first of all reading Archana's special write up on today's reunion.....and ofcourse mails from all those who were a part of today. Visalakshi(Priya), Suchita, Shilpa, Nayan, Subu, Amrish,Pradnya.....and also from the ones who were supposed to attend.....Achita(Janaki), Viren Kenia.....

I missed my wife Priya on the occasion, but as luck could have had it....Ramani who travelled to Dubai today morning is going over to my place tonight for dinner alongwith Amin Balsari....so, there's a reunion happening there too!!! Hope Ramani is carrying a Camera.

Best Wishes Always and Long Live the Reunion!!!

Cheers
HV

I have to point out one thing… how thrilled Nayan was to talk to Kiran. He went out of CCD and talked to her. We had to write out " STOP BLUSHING" on the tissue paper and paste on the glass wall for him to see. But that was not enough...he went on...and we thought yeh aaj Europe ki flight legaa ki nahin. Gawd! How much we were laughing, everyone was watching us. The entire treat for so many people was from HV. Thanks. He just refused to take contributions. HV, dont say "Bas Kya" now…Archana

clockwise from left -- Tall Subu, HV, Pradnya, Visalakshi, Sucheta, Shilpa and Archana

Nayan replaces Visalakshi here

Now joined in by Amrish Shah and wife Anita..humble and very pleasant souls.

A more giggly picture

20 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Hmmm, Good one! Heheheh, Abhishekh looks pretty bag yaar!
Â
Take care
Â
Nayan

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

HV/Priya,

You guys have done an amazing job!!! I really enjoyed seeing all the pics..I think I had the 2nd or 3rd std. photo in India home, and here I have my 10th std. photo (B div - which has already been scanned and posted)..

Yeah I used to stick by HV's side all the time when we were small..hehehe..u can see that in the Jr.KG pic..we used to stay in the same building then..

U refreshed my old memories yaar..it put a smile on my face..thanks so much!! My memory is not as great as yours and Priya's, but I remembered a lot of names in the primary pics..

Love

Indu..

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Dear HV and Priya,

I dunno how u warmed the cockles of my heart by sending those pics. I mean...I just saw Reni mathias...in the primary pics. Oh!! How can i contact her...I am missing her very badly. She was with us till Class 8. Wonder where she went after that.

She used to cross her fingers of both hands whenever a teacher would distribute our answer papers. And she used to be all nervous about that. When I grew up...I learnt of this phrase " keep ur fingers crossed" to hope for the best. Immediately i remembered Reni...and I realised how her action (which I thought was an unexplained habit) was actually a universal practice or rather well-known western concept!!

Also, in the primary pics...Pradnya, Janaki, Srividya and in one of them Indu too. One thing the human race could not invent was a time-machine....wish someone had.....

Love you all very much

Archana

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Jus saw one picture of jrkg, HV u look so cute betwen d gals! By god!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

thanks nayan....you saw me...did you see the gal..on my left...its indu..

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Arch! I'm in all the primary pics..not just one :-( theek se dekh..lol



Indu

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Hi Bhidu,

Dekha, heheh, Indu with a typical hairstyle, Janavi looks d same though, ekdum jaise last dekha tha! Where is she?

9th grade one was a cute one, i remembered almost everyone from der, where is Prakash, Mahesh,Milind, Dimple, Vibha,Sriram? Ramdas is seen in dat one, some ppl will enjoy dis one very much,heheheh!

Bye-Nayan

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

HV & Priya ,

Great Job. Brings back such good memories after seeing the snaps. I am there in all the primary ones near vaidehi most of the time ...I see rohini, indu, HV, pradnya, janaki,vaidu and many others .

Indu, do u remmeber parvathy, vani etc ...I saw them i nthe snaps and remmebered their names. I saw shivaramakrishnan he used to live in palma acres that thin guy . Muthu was in A diviison i think thats why i dont see her in any snaps. Is batata there in those snaps ??

Chitra

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Hey Thanks and I can feel the excitement and happiness that each one of you have experienced after seeing those pictures...yes..some of those childhood friends...are memories...but were so close when we were kids...there are so many memories...

does anyone have 10th"D" picture and infact..all the group pictures that can be gathered...lets get them all....it would be a great collection.

cheers
HV

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Ex-Vani Vidyalayans said...

Fabulous job HV and Priya. Amazing snaps.
i could rattle off all the names just like that!! some memories dont get wiped out i guess.

i am sure i have a couple of these at my moms place. lemme try and get hold of them.

Regards
Vidya

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Mahesh said...

Hi all..

I don't know how many of u ppl remember me.. I am Mahesh Srinivasan from the 1989 batch..I am seen in some of the class I and II pics..Its funny how tiny i was then :))
Sadly, i dont even remember which division I was in when I passed out in 10th. I found the class 10 D pics and I am not in that one.. Can any of you post the pics of the other divisions.. I remember Kiran Nambiar, Parameshwaran, Prasad Achar and Rajesh were in my class then.

My sister stumbled upon this site and forwarded the URL to me.. Let me say that it was SOOOOOO much fun reading all this and seeing some of the pics.

Great work..Hope to meet most of you at the next get together...

Mahesh Srinivasan

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Mahesh said...

Hi Anil and Hv..


Yes Anil.. I am the one sitting next to you in that KG pic.. I know babu is in singapore..I am very much in touch with him..Even I have sent the link to this site to him , Ramalingam and Sudarshan..Hope they join the network..

Hi HV... I do remember that reunion is 95 at Kalidas.. If I remember right..Prince sang Hotel California on that occassion :)

I lost touch with Subu (lambu) completely after he moved out of Mulund.. I shifted to Mulund East (Hari Om Nagar) last year after I got married. However, my parents are still staying at the old place in Mulund West..

I was glad to read up on so many classmates and their whereabouts.. Good to know everyones doing well in life..

Hey Amin.. hows u man.. I do meet Kiran once in a while in Mulund.. Last i knew he was working for Newzealand Tourism. But I have not met him in the last one year. so dont know where he is now..


Thats all for now..

KIT

Mahesh

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Mahesh said...

Hey HV/Anil

Sudarshan is currently working with some company in india on SAP.. His email id is sudarshan_74@yahoo.com. I havent mailed him in some time.. so check out if it works ??

I think my memory is failing.. I dont seem to remember shankarnarayanan...


Bye
Mahesh

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Jeba said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jeba said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger ARYAN said...

hi all,

Again joining the 1988-89 batch . Require someone like archana to create our blog. She has done the excellent job by adding up all rocking guys and gals!!!!!!!!!! of 88-89 batch.

L Rajesh or rajesh iyer in the pic put by archana.
Batch 1990-91

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Every one,

I am very happy to see you all. Indeed it is great to get in touch with our old school pals.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Gops said...

Hi All,

Great to see this blog I dont know whether u all remember me or not. Thanks to Sunil Nair for sending me this address. Good work had a look at my kg photos thanks a lot to all of you. By the way I am Gopakumar .. hope u all remember. I was with u all till 8th i suppose then our divisions were changed. How everyone. And Archana I dont remember the face the others whose photos were there most of them have not changed much. About Reni Mathai she was my childhood friend from KG till 5th then as she was staying near to my house then she left vani and went to thakurli after that not much of contact. now nil. heard she was in vashi not sure. Anyways good work guys. I have got a group of around 25 people of the 89-90 batch. we had met once at mulund in May 09. Was a great feeling. And seeing the photos of HV, Pradnya, Archana and others made me nostalgic. Kya din the woh... miss it very much now..

Gopa

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger Vinayak said...

Warms my heart to see this post. Just saw some snaps of our teachers on the Vani Vidyalaya page on FB .

aaah, Nostalgia!!!

BTW I am Vinayakam Murugan, from 89-90 batch.

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger DenDen said...

Good evening folks,

Chanced upon this blog quite by accident, but absolutely delighted to see the faces of some of my dearest friends from ... times immemorial.

A quick (re) introduction. In the KG snap, I'm the curly-haired chap to the left of Ms. Jenny. I'm Kartik :)

You MAY remember me as the kid who left Vani in the middle of the 1st standard for Indonesia (this was when HV was called Mohan)and returned in mid-6th standard as deviant, not even knowing the basics of Hindi, Marathi or Indian school culture and etiquette *laugh*.

Anyways, more for other times. Been in Japan for the last 14 years and settled in Tokyo with wife and 2 sons :)

Final words for this post - best wishes to you and yours for all the happiness and prosperity in 2014!

Cheers,
K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home